Open Daily 9:30am-5:00pm
The Florida Aquarium Marine Operations internship offers individuals a behind the scenes look at an industry-leading Marine Operations department and will have the opportunity to gain knowledge, sea time, and hands-on experience aboard our 72-foot Bay Spirit II catamaran. Intern will learn what is needed to keep vessels running and in optimal operational condition, assist in ensuring the safety of our guests during tours, with the possibility of shadowing the boat captain. Interns will also have the opportunity to experience diving in a variety of roles. Marine Operations intern will be responsible for helping to execute a variety of guest dive experiences, including interactive shows, cleaning and maintaining animal habitats and learning the role of a dive safety officer (D.S.O.) and the role DSOs play in aquarium diving.
• Current certification in First Aid, CPR and Oxygen administration preferred
• Scuba Certification by an internationally recognized agency- Dive Master preferred
• Must be able to complete swim test and skills circuit
• College Sophomore or higher, up to 6 months post graduate
• GPA of 2.5-4.0
• Must be able to pass dive physical (cost is the responsibility of the intern)
• Integrity/Trust — Maintaining social, ethical, and organizational values and norms; building trust and confidence with the staff and with internal and external customers; respecting the confidentiality of personal and proprietary information.
• Interpersonal Skills/Teamwork – Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively within a team and across departments for organizational success. Demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative, seeks to understand before being understood. Fosters a positive, supportive and encouraging work environment. Demonstrates respect for other’s opinions, trusts in their abilities and recognizes their contributions.
• Customer Focus – Demonstrates courtesy, cooperation and friendliness with staff, volunteers and customers. Actively listens, anticipates and evaluates the customer’s needs. Ensures that customer satisfaction is a priority in all areas of responsibility. Actively engages our customers while fulfilling job responsibilities.
Typical Physical Requirements
• Carrying/lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Kneeling/squatting, reaching above shoulders – occasionally
• Bending/stooping, climbing ladders – frequently
• Sitting, standing, walking – at least 4 hours per day
• Should be able to climb and descend ladders quickly
• Daily contact with a living collection of plants and animals in a central Florida climate
• Exposure to blood borne pathogens
• Subject to bites, stings, scrapes and exposure to various plants, animals and birds
• Flexibility in working weekends, evenings and holidays
Inquiries, resume and cover letter should be directed to Alison Hough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: (813) 273-4000