Animal Care Internships
The Florida Aquarium Animal Care internships offer a well-rounded, educational experience working in a variety of areas. Internship opportunities may include assisting biologists with daily husbandry duties, daily food preparation and feeding, animal training and guest interactions.
- Must be college sophomore or higher with a GPA of 3.0 or higher OR up to six months’ post graduate
- Must be flexible and able to work in an ever-changing environment
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of the team
- Must be able to follow specific instructions while also being comfortable self-directing
- Must have a general understanding of working with different types of animals
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Willingness to perform physical labor on a daily basis
- Work days and times vary, depending on position, and may include early mornings and weekends.
Please Note: All Animal Care internships are unpaid. Interns must make their own accommodation and transportation arrangements.
We are not currently accepting applications.