Event Programming Volunteers
Your Time Makes a Difference
The Florida Aquarium welcomes individuals as well as corporate, school and other community volunteer groups to help us fulfill our vision to protect and restore our blue planet. Event-focused volunteer opportunities are the perfect way to become more involved even with limited or varying availability. With a multitude of events scheduled throughout the year, these service projects offer a fun and rewarding way to serve the Aquarium and your community!
Environmental Stewardship Events
Join us for conservation-related events across Tampa Bay area throughout the year, including:
- Beach and shoreline clean-ups
- Habitat restoration projects
- Awareness day/events
Engage with the Aquarium visitors and community members during one of The Florida Aquarium’s unique events. Feel good knowing you are inspiring others and supporting our important work.
- On-site outreach and engagement
Age restrictions may apply. Volunteer duties will vary depending on the event.
Corporate & Group Volunteer
The Florida Aquarium welcomes corporate, school and other community volunteer groups to help us fulfill our vision to protect and restore our blue planet. With a wide variety of opportunities available, these service projects offer your group a fun and rewarding way to serve the Aquarium and your community!
Group volunteers primarily assist The Florida Aquarium with environmental stewardship projects and special events. Customized group volunteer projects may be arranged for your company, organization or student group as scheduling allows.
- Groups may volunteer year-round, weather and schedule permitting.
- The number of volunteers accepted is dependent upon the project.
- A minimum 3 hours time commitment is required.
- The minimum age of participants may vary depending upon the project.
- Each participant must sign a waiver of liability.
- Groups may be asked to participate at The Florida Aquarium’s Center for Conservation in Apollo Beach or other offsite location.
Project types may include, but are not limited to:
- Grounds maintenance
- Conservation cleanups
- Habitat restoration
- Event preparation
- Special events
*With safety protocols in place, special event volunteer opportunities are currently limited.