Opening Eyes to the World Outside
The Florida Aquarium is excited to offer a variety of programs to meet the needs of educators.
Planing Your Field Trip
Bring your students to The Florida Aquarium for an unforgettable adventure!
School field trips are available Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM – 5 PM. Field trip prices and other information is only valid for the school year indicated below.
Reservations are required. Field trips can be reserved up to three (3) months in advance. Groups needing to reserve more than 3 months in advance will be subject to a $50 non-refundable deposit.
August 2023 – July 2024
Field Trip Admission
School field trip admission is a self-guided adventure through The Florida Aquarium, allowing classes the opportunity to explore our many diverse habitats and species at their own pace.
School field trips require a minimum of 10 students to receive the Self-Guided Field Trip Admission Rates.
Annual Aquarium memberships are not accepted for field trip admission.
Complimentary Adults : 1 for every 5 students
Additional Adults (Permitted): 1 for every 3 students
Please note: Any additional teachers, staff, parents, chaperones, etc. arriving with the group will be charged the stated Adult Field Trip Admission Rate.
Self-Guided Field Trip Rates
Youth Field Trip Admission
- PreK – 12, College
- August – February: $12 per student
- March – July: $14 per student
Hillsborough County Head Start Students
- Monday – Thursday only
Title I Schools*
- K – 12
- Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee and Polk counties only.
- August – February: $6 per student
- March – July : $7 per student
*Must be a designated/approved, federally funded program
Adult Field Trip Admission
- Adults exceeding the 1:5 ratio
- Teachers, aides, counselors, parents, etc. are all included in this ratio
- $26 per adult
Make Waves: Add an Educational Program!
From scientific investigation to hands-on discovery to doing a squid dissection, you can enhance your field trip experience by adding-on one of the Aquarium’s engaging education programs led by Aquarium experts. Click the link below learn more.
The Aquarium provides a picnic area, the Sea Star Pavilion (available September – May) at the lunchtime assigned to you. Schools may bring lunches or pre-order from Café Ray at least two weeks in advance. All group lunches from Café Ray must be ordered in advance. Click the link below for the lunch menu and order form.
- Please have two or three possible date options in the event that your first choice is not available. Dates can book quickly as the Aquarium does have a daily group capacity.
- Lunches are available September-May. A 30-minute lunch time will be assigned to groups eating lunch at the Aquarium during their visit. Groups can bring lunches with them or preorder from the Aquarium. All group lunches must be preordered at least two weeks prior to your visit. To preorder your lunch, please complete the lunch order request form.
- Any changes to your program-including cancellations/postponements, change group totals-must be made by calling (813) 273-4015 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A voicemail message or email is sufficient for cancellation notice.
- Consider using our preferred education transportation partner ESCOT Bus Lines. Special rates for Hillsborough and Pinellas County are available by calling them at (727) 545-2088.
Ready to Schedule Your Field Trip?
Make sure you have read all the information on this page before you begin! Request your visit by completing the online form. Once your field trip request is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email from The Florida Aquarium’s Education Team. Please email email@example.com or call (813) 273-4015 with any questions.
Click the link below to request for your field trip.Field Trip Request Form