The Florida Aquarium Marketing internship offers a well-rounded, educational experience working with our team of professionals. In this role, you will learn important skills for working in a marketing field for a nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Collaborate on content and copy for social media posts, promotional emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the management of the official Florida Aquarium website.
- Organize and maintain Marketing drive and files, as well as the Marketing Dropbox account.
- Work with other departments to help with various events and promotions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of Marketing and/or general administrative responsibilities preferred.
- Previous experience or classes with a focus in Marketing or related field preferred.
- Must be able to work in both a group and individual environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting.
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be a college sophomore or higher with a GPA of 2.5 or higher OR up to 6-months post graduate with a GPA of 4.0 preferred.
- Intern will learn how to work in the Marketing field for a non-profit organization.
- Intern will learn how to use video and photographic content to campaign and bring in an audience.
- Intern will learn how to put on a specific event for a target audience.
Minimum 16 hours per week. Workdays are primarily Monday–Friday from 9 AM–5 PM. Days and hours are flexible.
Some weekend or extended hours may be required for special events.
Please note: This internship is unpaid and complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act. Interns must make their own accommodation and transportation arrangements.
We are not currently accepting applications.