Business Development Internship
Business Development Leisure Sales Internship
The Florida Aquarium Business Development – Leisure Sales internship offers a well-rounded, educational experience working with our team of professionals. In this role, you will assist the Senior Manager of Leisure Sales with a variety of tourism and group initiatives. Have fun and never be bored while helping to increase awareness about Florida’s largest aquarium, right here in Tampa!
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Visit Hillsborough & Pinellas county hotels, resort, and vacation rental properties to give Aquarium updates
- Share the Aquarium’s story at events with Visit Tampa Bay and other tourism partners
- Track promotional discounts and coupons
- Process donation/gift requests from tourism partners
- Assist with data entry and reporting
- Review the Aquarium’s listing on partner websites (Expedia, TripAdvisor, etc.) and suggest improvements
- Research business opportunities that support the Aquarium’s goals
- Coordinate Aquarium tours for tourism partners
- Collaborate with Marketing team to update Aquarium website, social media posts, and assets
- Encourage groups to visit the Aquarium in person, via phone and/or email
- Assist with group entry including welcoming groups to the Aquarium as needed
- Assist with Business Development projects as needed
- Assist with bulk ticket and barcode requests
- Attend team meetings
- Must be college sophomore or higher OR up to 6 months post graduate with preference to candidates with a GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Degree focused on tourism, hospitality, business, or marketing is ideal
- Ability to drive automotive equipment and have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience using MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint is desirable
- Articulate and comfortable speaking with partners, guests, and group prospects about The Florida Aquarium
- Good listener, empathetic, and able to appreciate The Florida Aquarium’s mission
- Experience in tourism, hospitality or related industry is a plus
Flexible 2 days (16 hours per week) Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM, with a few evening tourism events.
Please note: This is an unpaid internship. Interns must make their own accommodation and transportation arrangements.