Plastic Free Eco-Challenge
Ditch the Plastic!
Join our Plastic Free July Eco-Challenge team in support of one of our critical conservation priorities: reducing single-use plastic consumption and pollution. The Plastic Free July Eco-Challenge encourages friendly competition as teams from across the nation work toward a shared goal. Using the Eco-Challenge online community platform, it is easy to track your progress, that of your teammates supporting The Florida Aquarium and most importantly, encourage others. Remember: Individually, we are but a drop of water. Together, we are an ocean.
We’ve picked out a few tips to help you reduce plastic use:
- Bring reusable bags when shopping, including produce bags.
- Give up gum or choose gum made from plastic-free gum bases.
- Replace dish soap with a bar or refillable option.
- Pack reusable cutlery, drinkware and containers in your/your child’s lunch.
- Support sustainable products and businesses.
Join The Florida Aquarium’s Plastic Free Eco-Challenge team and help us create a more sustainable future.
More to See
We need YOUR help in the effort to save the African penguin from extinction. As the population of this imperiled species continues to rapidly decline, it has become increasingly important for us to take action now. Help us raise awareness of the global impact of this matter and learn more about this critical cause via the link below.Learn More