The Florida Aquarium Development internship offers a well-rounded, educational experience working with our development team. Reporting to the director of development, the primary function of the development intern is to provide overall assistance to the Development department with daily fundraising activities.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- General office duties including copying, filing, etc.
- Assistance with donor database (Altru) with data entry and donor record keeping
- Research of foundations, grants, individuals and corporations to better understand philanthropic funding priorities and criteria to apply
- Duties as assigned in support of special events
- General assistance with basic fundraising initiatives
- Must be college sophomore or higher with a GPA of 3.0 or higher OR up to six months post-graduate
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening skills and a friendly, optimistic attitude
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives
- Sincere desire to learn about fundraising and philanthropy and to grow, academically and professionally
- Patience, punctuality and professionalism
- Work days are primarily Monday–Friday from 9 AM–5 PM. Days and hours are flexible.
- Some weekend or extended hours may be required for special events.
Please Note: This is an unpaid internship. Interns must make their own accommodation and transportation arrangements.
We are not currently accepting applications.