The Florida Aquarium Development internship offers a well-rounded, educational experience working with our Development team in the world of fundraising and philanthropy. Interns will have the opportunity to learn and explore the many different sectors within this field while simultaneously working closely with team members on daily fundraising activities.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assisting with donor and fundraising events
- Researching donor cultivation and engagement opportunities
- Reviewing, analyzing, and compiling donor information
- Interviewing donors for stewardship purposes
- Assisting with data entry and donor record keeping in our donor database (Altru)
- Researching foundations, grants, individuals, and corporations to understand philanthropic funding priorities and the required criteria to apply for opportunities
- Researching community partnership opportunities
- Supporting basic fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with general office duties including copying, filing, data management, etc.
- Must be college sophomore or higher with a minimum GPA of 3.0 OR up to six months post-graduate
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Previous experience with events or fundraising preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think and work independently within a professional setting
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A desire to learn about fundraising and philanthropy, and to grow academically and professionally
- Work days are primarily Monday–Friday from 9 AM–5 PM. Days and hours are flexible.
- Some weekend or extended hours may be required for special events.
Please note: This internship is unpaid and complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act. Interns must make their own accommodation and transportation arrangements.