Open Daily 9:30am-5:00pm
The Development intern's primary function is to assist the Development department with daily activities. The Development Intern will report to the Special Events Manager and will support the entire Development team.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Support Special Events – SeaGrapes, Brews by the Bay (solicitation of auction items and logging in donated items)
• Generate content for newsletters, social media, blogs, and other channels
• Draft appeal letters and other donor communication
• Assist in planning and implementing fundraising events
• Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
• Attend department, board, and donor meetings, as needed
• Support database management
• Support Grant Manager posting files into Altru donor database
• Support Making Waves Events
• Must be college sophomore or higher and up to 6 months post graduate with a GPA of 3.0/4.0.
• Strong writing and research abilities
• Desire to learn about fundraising and philanthropy
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail
• Patience, punctuality and professionalism
• Sincere desire to learn and grow, academically and professionally
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Strong listening skills and a friendly, optimistic attitude
• Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives
• Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
This internship is 12 weeks in duration in which at least one project must be completed. A minimum of 16 hours per week is required and interns must be available at least one weekend day.
Spring and Fall Internships are 14 weeks in duration with a minimum of 16 hours per week requirement. Summer Internships are 10 weeks in duration with a minimum of 32 hours per week requirement. At least 1 project must be completed.
Please send a cover letter, resume, schedule availability, and any accompanying documentation to our internship mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information or questions regarding the internship program, please Melissa Dude, Volunteer Program Manager at email@example.com.
All internships are unpaid.
Phone: (813) 273-4000