The Florida Aquarium Husbandry internships offer a well-rounded, educational experience working in a variety of areas within our Husbandry department.
Specialized internships are designed to provide valuable hands on experience in the care of specific animals and habitats at an AZA accredited, world class facility.
Animal Health/Quarantine Internships- Summer
Intern will be responsible for helping husbandry staff with the day to day care of medical and quarantine cases at the Florida Aquarium. Tasks will include cleaning of animal exhibits, checking water quality parameters, observing behavior of animals, performing water changes, scrubbing tanks, feeding animals, transporting animals to and from various exhibits, participating in animal training, handling of various animals, and end of term project.
• Must be a college sophomore or higher or up to 6 months post graduate with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated as a dedicated and reliable team member.
• Must have strong communication skills with speaking with the general public is required.
• This position requires interns work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain, cold and dust while indoors and outdoors. Interns will get wet and dirty.
• This position involves considerable physical exertion such as repetitive bending, pushing/pulling/carrying heavy loads, and regular lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
Summer Interns will all start Tuesday May 24, 2016.
Internship is 10 weeks in duration in which at least 1 project must be completed. A minimum of 32 hours per week is required.
Ready to apply? Find out how on the main internship page here.
Not sure if the deadline to apply has passed? Check on our Important Dates and Deadlines page here.
All internships are non-paid.