This is a unique and exciting opportunity for interns to work alongside biologists, develop important professional relationships and gain valuable experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to: preparation and delivery of daily animal diets, ordering and maintaining inventory, keeping records and writing purchace orders, cleaning and maintaining the commissary, following USDA guidelines and interacting with other departments and guests.
• Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated as a dedicated and reliable team member.
• Must have strong communication skills with speaking with the general public is required.
• Must commit to a 15 hr a week schedule including some weekends and holidays.
• This position requires interns work in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, rain, cold and dust while indoors and outdoors.
• This position involves considerable physical exertion such as repetitive bending, pushing/pulling/carrying heavy loads, and regular lifting of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
How to apply:
Select the internship that best fits your needs. Email application materials (Resume and cover letter) to: Internship@flaquarium.org or Fax to : (813) 273-4161.
All applications for summer internships must be received no later than Sunday April 5th.
*Please note, all internships are on a volunteer basis.