The Florida Aquarium welcomes corporate, school, and other community volunteer groups to help us fulfill our vision to Protect and Restore our Blue Planet. Though the tasks for each project vary greatly, each service project offers your group a chance to have fun while providing a valuable service to the Aquarium and your community!
Group volunteers primarily assist with Florida Aquarium conservation projects and special events however the volunteer office can arrange a group volunteer activity for your company, organization or student group as scheduling allows.
• Groups may volunteer year round, weather and scheduling permitting.
• A maximum of 30 volunteers will be accepted*
• Time requirement is a minimum of 3 hours.
• Must be 12 years or older. Volunteers age 12-17 must provide signed parent consent.
• Each participant must sign a waiver of liability.
• Groups may be asked to participate at The Center for Conservation or other offsite locations.
* Larger groups may be permitted to break into smaller sets and participate on different days at the discretion of the volunteer office.
PROJECT TYPES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Grounds maintenance • Painting
• Exhibit upkeep • Event preparation
• Special events such as World Oceans Day, Brews by the Bay, SeaGrapes, and Guppyween
Groups must register in advance and may do so by contacting the Manager of Volunteer Services, Chelsea Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or with any questions.
The fastest, easiest way to get information on everything happening at The Florida Aquarium.
Help The Florida Aquarium rescue sea turtles, restore coral reefs, educate underserved school children and inspire stewardship in our natural environment. Please donate.
Connect With Us
Get the latest news and join the conversation!
The Florida Aquarium is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to entertain, educate and inspire stewardship about our natural environment.